Today begins a new month. There is much on my heart, as always. I will keep it brief tonight.
- I dreamed last night that I was getting married and my father was walking me down the aisle. It has left me unsettled and anxious, to be honest. I love my father. The relationship that we have has come from much effort and much grace on both our parts. But the idea of him walking me down the aisle is–to this day–both my greatest desire and my greatest fear. Hence, it has left me unsettled.
- My potatoes don’t appear to be growing. Yet. I know I need to be patience, but really–I’m eager to see some signs of growth. The raspberries and blueberries, on the other hand, appear to be doing well this year.
- I continue to receive hits on this blog from folks searching for a definition of Collective Salvation, as well as one or two hits from those who have criticized what I’ve had to say about it. It amazes me. I’ve written about it twice. Apparently, this idea is still very present in peoples’ minds.
- My intent is to journey south in a few weekends for a Family Reunion. I am very excited about visiting with my Aunts, whom I haven’t seen since my Grandma died a few summers ago. I suppose it is time to start thinking of questions to ask folks at the Reunion! I am in no way prepared for this shindig. But I will be!
- I begin a new job a week from tomorrow. I have very conflicting emotions about this transition, but I’ve no doubt that God is leading me out of my current work situation. I have loved it in many regards, but it’s time. We are headed in different directions, Fountain and I. My new endeavor is not a big company; it’s a small, local partnership. There are advantages and disadvantages of both, but I will be honest with you: I am really looking forward to having a weekend. Every weekend. This will allow a stability to my life (I think) that Fountain couldn’t. And…I think I will sleep better at night.
- Well. I didn’t get out to pick strawberries. And it seems…the pickings have been slim this year (quite literally, I’m afraid). Bummer! But…we still have lots of berries frozen from last year! I pulled some out today to thaw, and I’m going to try this recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Muffins. Woot! I’ll let you know how they turn out.🙂
- I have two outfits completed for PollyEsther’s doll for her birthday. I am hoping to have another one, at least. I’m looking for a box that will fit the doll and outfits in it. I’m excited. I think Polly will like this gift!
- I need to work on pacing.
- Gabby Douglas! What a gal. I really like her. Yo.
- Sorry. Pacing. I need to work on pacing, both in my writing and in my life. I am too impatient. I don’t like to hide things away and let them brew. I need to. I need to leave some things alone and let it play out naturally, instead of forcing some sort of revelation. Give it time, Sar!
- Bonnie wants me to buy a bicycle and go riding with her. What do you think?
That’s all I have for today, folks. I pray that you are blessed and finding fun ways to spend your summer!