Sunday, May 22, 2011
My parents always say…
A few things my Mom has said more than a few times in my life:
- I wish I were as disciplined about writing as you are (which is ironic, as I’m writing this prompt two days late).
- We should make an apple pie.
- You would have liked my dad.
- I am Jesus’ little lamb.
- Make sure you lift the stuffing from the bottom of the pan. If you just stir it, it will get all mashed up.
- Many hands make light work.
- What color socks should I make for…? (Yes. Take this as a hint. She doesn’t remember what colors she’s made for all of us, and I think it might help her if one or two of us gave her a color request.)
- I am covered with feathers.
- The trees are dancing!
- I don’t need anymore snowmen.
- When you laugh, it encourages him.
- I love you.
There’s a handful for you! What about you? Are there certain things your mom and dad say? Are there things you remember hearing your grandparents or aunts and uncles say? Are there things you hope others remember hearing you say?
All my love,