Even though it’s late in the day, late in the week, I wanted to share a few things from this week.
- Grandpa S. liked dry-roasted peanuts.
- I dreamed a fascinating dream the other night. I won’t bore you with the details (if I’d remembered to tell you earlier in the day [or week], I’d bother with details, but not at this point), but a significant part of the dream dealt with a house that apparently belonged to an ancestor of mine. For some reason, I needed to see this house, and the dream was about the obstacles I overcame in order to go see this house (and the person[s] who went to see it with me).
- I learned today that there is a house in lower Michigan where some of my ancestors used to live. I fully intend to see it. Someday. Maybe–hopefully–this year.
- I found Jennie P. by her mother. It opens a whole slew of searching possibilities. Jennie was such a beautiful lady. I really wish I’d known her.
- I learned that my Grandpa S.’s family came to America with a handwritten letter from their pastor (himself a rather prominent name), declaring them to be upright Christians.
- I learned the names of my immigrant ancestor’s father and mother.
- I found Neuendettelsau in Meyer’s (though…I can’t read it; it’s in German).
- There is talk of a reunion on the S. side. I’m not sure if we’ll get it together, but I sure hope we do. Though…I’ve no idea what to expect, how to help bring it about, or what a Family Reunion even looks like.
That’s it. That’s all I have. It’s enough.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Be blessed, be full of grace, and do your laundry on Saturday so you can enjoy Sunday.
P.S. Hello to Maggie & L.D., just in case you’re reading this.🙂