Since I’ve given up on your topic of Apostasy for the time-being, I thought I would at least bring somethign to the table to let you know that I haven’t completely abandoned you.
- Did you know that I’m dyslexic? It’s true. That’s why I can write words like “something” and never realize that I’ve actually spelled it “somethign“.
- I am not feeling very well today. I didn’t sleep well again last night. This stuff with my brother and his wife is really troubling me. And I didn’t get the garbage out this morning, because I didn’t fall asleep until about 5am. I hate it when I miss garbage day.
- Tonight, I am going to clip my fingernails and restring my guitar. I will write you a song.
- I gave up on the Apostasy topic for the time-being, but I don’t want you to hate me for it. I also gave up on the Acts issue for now (sorry, Kelby). I was reading and praying a few nights ago, stumbled upon a Psalm that I have never digested before, and it was like a kick in the gut. So I am going through the Psalms. Yet again. 🙂 I am actually learning a lot, which is a good thing. I think sometimes you just have to throw your hands up in the air and say, “Okay, God…whatever You want to teach me, I am ready to learn.” And if He takes you someplace you weren’t prepared to go, you follow anyway. You know?
- My sissstor emailed me today. She’s in Iraq (not sure if you knew this). I miss her a lot.
- There are no baby Shoos yet. I truly have no idea how long it will be before we have baby Shoos. Well, that’s not true anymore, but it was true when I wrote it. I just googled, and found that it takes about 12-15 days. So. No babies yet. I won’t even bother going out and hassling Mr. and Mrs. Shoo yet, cause it’s only been three days or so. Still…I find it quite enjoyable to hassle the Shoos. I will, however, attach a photo for your viewing pleasure.
- I wasn’t trying to hassle you last night. I hope I didn’t come across that way. I don’t know all of the details of the situation, and even if I did, my opinion doesn’t matter in issues such as this. I just wanted you to know that I have a huge amount of respect for you and for your decisions. I appreciate that you take responsibility for some of the things that occurred, rather than blaming others exclusively. And I really appreciate your desire to protect all of those involved.
- There is no Acts 31.
- I suppose I’m not really past the Apostasy issue. I’m actually thinking a lot about it, even if I’m not studying the passages that deal with it.
- I’m trying to finish reading Sam Harris’s book, The End of Faith. I started it some time ago, and I had entirely mixed emotions about it. I found that I loved Harris’s style of writing much like I love C.S. Lewis’s writing. Have you ever read someone’s writing and felt like their style reflected your own thought processes? That is how I felt about the two of them–even though they are enormously different in their styles of writing. At any rate, I found Harris incredible in his statements, but I loved his writing. The paradox was a weighty one for me, so I put him out of my mind for several months. On account of the Apostasy topic, however, I decided I would finish reading it. I am flooded with thoughts.
- I like your purple and black. 🙂
- That’s all I’ve got for today.
Pax Christi, friend.